Unrelated

Today's song lyric is for Unrelated, the fourth track on Better Than Wages. You can download the entire song from the link on the right hand side.

My brother is a gourmet microwave cook
I’m a credit card trickster
we never shared the same room
or even home
and the blood in our veins
is unrelated

My brother speaks the language
of machines and crooks
I have lesbian hands
that like to touch each other
we never shared the same bed
or even a table
we have rules for the bathroom
cause we’re so unrelated

unrelated
unrelated
unrelated

On our first date he speaks of only himself
and I don’t even mind
I’m so mesmerized by the way he says
his name like he was

in love with himself

unrelated
unrelated
unrelated

My brother shakes the hands of important men
while the look on his face
is so 1951
makes you wanna trust him
makes me wanna love him
but what can I do when we’re so
unrelated

Popular Posts