Happy New Year Everyone

Here is my personal favorite albums TOP10 of 2000-2009
(This list excludes all the great music I discovered in the last ten years that was made in the previous century):

1. Elliott Smith – Figure 8
2. The Kills – Midnight Boom
3. The Strokes – Is This It
4. Rufus Wainwright – Poses
5. Anthony & The Johnsons – I am a Bird Now
6. Kate Bush – Aerial
7. The Rollstons – Doing Time
8. The White Stripes – Elephant
9. The Dears – Gang on Losers
10. Joanna Newsom –Ys

There were tens and tens of other albums I wanted to put on this list, but this is it for today.
I tried to choose ones that I know all the lyrics to, as that's a pretty good indication to how much I listened to an album. It saddens me to see how few women ended up on this top10. the reality is that I spent most of my 2000s listening to music from the 1960s, 70s and 80s and there were a lot of women in that bunch!

Happy New Year and thank you for reading this! I'll be back next year!

/A

Popular Posts