Observations

Marianne Faithfull in The Girl On A Motorcycle

Observations from the past months:
–happiness does not necessarily disappear from life once you become seriously ill
(in fact, I have noticed that good health and happiness have nothing to do with each other)
–colours seem brighter
–really boring and mundane days are the best
–while energy is often something I do not have at all, then when the better days come, I feel like I could run a marathon, write an album in one sitting and throw big parties all the time. I feel more happy than ever that is.
–sick people don't constantly think about being ill
–losing my hair is harder to deal with than losing a breast
–today I referred to 'those people who have lost a part of their body' forgetting that I am one of those poor people...
–illness does not make you any more understanding or smart or compassionate...
–there are jokes to be made and laughs to be had everyday

–Finally, I feel the tickling in my brain of new song ideas beginning to gather above my head like clouds. So I'm pretty sure there will be songs too.

Love,
Astrid


Popular Posts